- Availability: All year round
- Days of operation: Everyday
- Duration: 9 hours including port transfers
The perfect way to enjoy a day in Rome: taking part in a shore excursion from Civitavecchia Rome Port andexperienced from the comfort of a private, chauffeur-driven car. Highly recommended if you’re travelling with children, there are few better ways to see The Eternal City. Plus, your driver will stop anytime you need!
Kick off your tour at the huge amphitheatre that is The Coliseum, where fights between gladiators and beasts took placefor the pleasureof bloodthirsty Roman. Then, move to the Roman Forum – the ancient square that served as the city’s main marketplace, and continues to welcome traders to this very day.
According to ancient legend, Romulus founded Rome on this hill in 753 B.C. Following his actions, the Emperors built their opulent homes for the rest of civilisation to enjoy. As you traverse the area, you are walking inthe same footsteps of Roman Emperors who lived more than 2,000 years before you, bringing more than two millennia of history to life.
Your first stop will be the Vatican Museums. Home to countless Popes, there are few more uplifting sights than this spiritually enriching setting. The unmissable Sistine Chapel – with its sublime “Last Judgment” by Michelangelo – might be one, as this masterpiece draws crowds from far and wide.
Despite there being much on offer, everything is so well organized and explained that you will leave feeling educated and informed. Among the galleries of the Vatican Museums, you will enjoya special collection of mosaics, ancient Greek and Roman sculptures, as well as the magnificent Raphael Rooms; once the official residence of the Pope himself.
– Collection from the port at 8:30am
– 2.5-hour tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine (with a certified tour-guide and ‘skip the line’ tickets included)
– 1-hour lunch (included)
– 2.5-hour tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica (certified tour-guide and ‘skip the line’ tickets included)
– Drop off at the port by 6:00 pm